Today something I want you to discover! Duolingo, a very useful app and website! I discovered it because one of the bloggers I am following was using it and showed it in her diary. I told you before, in the fourth Happy Challenge that I wanted to learn another language. Duolingo is a way to do that.
This is it:
When you have chosen a language (I chose French as you might see). You need to start with the basics (of course) and then you can work your way up (or down as you need to scroll down the list).
You start with a set of lessons which are divided in multiple lessons. An example is shown below, that is how basics 1 looks like.
When you have done a whole set of lessons you can keep your skills updated by practising. You can also redo the lessons when you want to practice the newly learned words and phrases some more.
The lessons consist of 20 exercises in translating, listening and sometimes speaking. But most of the time they are quite doable. I think it is an easy and fun way to learn a new language. Though a bit of basic knowledge certainly helped me a lot.
It is also possible to get daily email-reminders and you earn lingots by completing lessons and with that you can even obtain a Duolingo certificate! (It is probably worthless but still, it is a token of your effort.)
And the best thing? It is free!
What language do you want to learn?
Disclaimer: I did not get paid for this free ‘advertising’ of Duolingo. It is a really nice website and app to learn a new language and I just want to share that with all of you!
It is time for a new Sunday – Funday?! Another week has past, time is really going fast, or is it just me? Anyway, today it is time for the letter ‘F’.
Faith Hill – Where are you Christmas?
Yes, it is a Christmas song, my favourite Christmas song ever. And also my favourite from Faith Hill. She has other pretty songs but somehow I always return to this Christmas ballad. As you can see in the music video, it is featured in the movie The Grinch.
Florence and the Machine – Heavy In Your Arms
This band has almost only fantastic songs. They are a bit rough, and sometimes have really weird lyrics but they rock! I love the sound of her voice combined with the rough music. Another big favourite is Breath of Life but I love almost all their songs.
Fool’s Garden – Lemon Tree
Another song from my childhood. Normally it gets played on the radio so now and then but the last year I haven’t heard it. Still it is a good, solid and easy song. A kind of feel-good song.
Frankie J – Daddy’s Little Girl
This song makes me cry, it is so beautiful and so sad. And another childhood favourite though I still love this song. I used to sing along with it but sometimes my voice would just break.
Fefe Dobson – Everything
Another memory of my childhood tough I listened to this in Highschool. Somehow I had in my mind that Fefe was a white girl with light brown hair, guess I got her mixed up with someone else. This song is nothing special, she has no real outstanding voice but it is good enough to listen to sometimes.
This is the end of today. I have shown you five songs I love, or used to love or used to listen to. Anyway, five (new) songs for you to listen!
Which song is your favourite from these 5?
Hi girls! And Guys?
Today, I have another review for you. This time about a product which is multifunctional. It is something that I have bought some times before but I never used it myself. I bought it for my mom as bodycreme. And I bought it for my boyfriend as facial moisturiser. I do have used it so now and then and actually it is a nice product and therefore I decided to tell you about it.
It is a basic, white crème with an (as I have been told) slight perfumed scent but not really annoying.
The thing I dislike about it, is that it is not in a tube. It has a good list of ingredients, based on water, vaseline, fatty (good) alcohol and glycerin. Complemented with herbal extracts and vitamin E. No perfume, which I like a lot as it is really unnecessary (in any product except for deodorant and perfume itself).
Below, you can see the crème on my skin. It is a thick, white substance. But after half a minute of massaging it into the skin it is nearly invisible. You might see that my fine lines are a little bit less visible. Just like a normal moisturiser.
Because I never used it on my face or body for a substantial time, I can’t really tell you whether it has a beneficial or malignant effect on my skin over time. What I can tell you is that whenever I used it incidentally, it was fine. It did not irritate my skin, it was just a basic moisturiser. Also it did not worsen my irritated skin.
Overall, it is a great moisturiser for a skin which does not have any big demands. I think it would also work for a slight dry skin. So whenever you need a simple moisturiser I can recommend this one.
What is your favourite basic moisturiser?
I told you before that I have read the book The Secret and that I wanted to apply some things from that book onto my life.
That was a month ago. And while I watched the video quite regularly (though I don’t think I really watched it as much as I wanted) I did not follow up with my plan. I did made a how-to in my mind. I bought a frame, I organized a big sheet of paper but I did not finish it. I somehow avoided it and I don’t really know why.
This week I finally did what I planned to do for so long. I made a list with positive sentences I need to tell myself every single day.
And I will share them with you:
- I am beautiful!
- I am RICH
- I am Happy and Content
- I feel GOOD!
- I deserve all good things life has to offer
- I will get whatever I want
- I can do anything I want
- I attract good things in life
- I am grateful for everything in life
That were nine sentences I need to tell myself and I need to believe in them. I have written them in all the colours of the rainbow on a blank sheet of paper and framed them. I have placed the frame on my desk so I will see it every time I am working on my laptop, which is almost every day. I can do this!
Let’s rock life!
At the moment I am not super happy. And with the Happy Challenge fresh in my mind I decided to make a list of things that make me happy. And I also decided to share that list with you because you might also become happier from some things.
Here we go!
- Sun! I think I have mentioned it before, but I am happy when the sun shines. And even happier when I am able to be outside for a few minutes when the sun shines.
- Chocolate! Okay, to be honest, I am a stress eater. Make me uncomfortable and I will start eating anything. But I prefer chocolate. Though I know it is bad for me and it does not help with my plan to eat less sugar but sometimes I just need it.
- Music! Music can make me happy, but sometimes it makes me sad. It somehow enhances my mood.
- Nature! I love beautiful nature, in autumn it are the coloured leaves, in spring the blossom, in summer the bright sunshine which makes everything look good. And in winter.. I love the frost on the edge of leaves and small branches.
- Horses! They can always make me happy. Lovely creatures, and I really miss them in my life at this moment.
- Make-up! How materialistic.. But really, I don’t have a really big stash but is quite elaborate. I love to buy new shades, new lipsticks. I really have developed a thing for lipsticks! And for purple mascara’s. And eyeshadow palettes. Okay, I just love make-up!
- Blogs! They don’t really make me happy, but I really enjoy to read them in the morning and afternoon/evening. It is my moment of relaxation which I have almost every single day. It is really important to take time for yourself!
- Quality-time with the boyfriend! And then I mean real quality time like going out together. Not the just sitting at home doing nothing kind of thing.
- Traveling! Seeing new places, being in a different environment! It is quite funny, in the Netherlands I somehow feel more unsafe than in a ‘bad’ neighbourhood in a foreign country. Not very logical but it doesn’t matter anyway.
- Snow! I can become happy from snow, but only when I don’t need to go anywhere. Snow is fantastic, really, but it also flat lines all transport. Public transport and car traffic both get madness when it snows even just a little bit. Therefore, as long as I don’t need to get anywhere, it is great!
This were 10 things I can become happy from. It actually was harder than expected probably due to my not so happy state of mind at the moment. But I made it! And I am proud that I managed to make this list.
Where do you get happy from?
It is time for a new review about something edible. I had heard about this brand numerous times before but I never bought it. Until I was browsing through the new location of a biological supermarket. I saw it, I chose a flavour and I bought it. Though it is not an organic product, however it is fair trade and that is also something important. Everything should be fair trade and I would prefer everything to be organic as well.
I bought Tony’s Chocolonely, milk chocolate (still the flavour I like best).
It is just basic Belgian chocolate. Nothing special, tastes just like every other chocolate. The only things which are different compared to ‘normal’ chocolate is the design which you can see below.
I like the uneven distribution, the subtle reference to it’s fair trade policy (the broken link), and the taste. It is not that it tastes very special, but it tastes good! I have to confess that I ate it in 2 sessions, with just a few days in between. As long as I won’t keep that pattern of snacking it’ll be fine.
What is your favourite Tony’s?
Hi guys! (and girls!)
Today it is time for another 10 questions of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind. We are almost finished! Last week I will answer the 10 final questions. Here we go for the fourth part!
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
I don’t know any exact moment but it probably was when I was with my boyfriend. When we go somewhere together most of the time I am very happy.
- If not now, then when?
When I have money and time? I think?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
A lot of money? When I would achieve my plans right now I would need to stop studying and that would cause me a huge bill. Ain’t gonna do that.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Best conversation without saying anyting? Nope. I did have conversations which I loved but that always involved spoken words.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Religion is interpreted, and the eye of the beholder causes different interpretations and that causes war.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Possible theoretically, yes. Practically, it is sometimes harder than it seems.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
No, I would not. I would finish my study, keep working. And when I would be done studying I would work a bit more. The thing I would do when I win a million dollars would be moving out and when I am finished with my study I would buy a horse, or two.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
Easy, more work I enjoy doing. Being bored means that you are doing the wrong thing.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Sometimes yes. Time is relatively and sometimes everything flows over in each other. Till July I will often have the feeling like I lived a day a hundred times before.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
As far as I know, I never did something like that before.
So, that were the 10 questions for today. Next Tuesday I will have the answers of the last 10 questions (41-50) for you! Feel free to answer the questions for yourself, you may post your answers here or on your own blog. Or just answer them privately.