Hi guys and girls!
When I asked my boyfriend for an idea for my blog he came up with this. A list of things to do when you are bored. Well, that should be easy, right? Only one remark: it will be mainly girly things and some general things. Less usable for boys but girls can get enough inspiration I think.
Here we go! What to to when you are bored:
- Cleaning/ tidying your desk. Yes, I know, it is not the most fun thing to do but probably it is highly necessary. When I clean I need a whole day because of all the old memories I recover with things I forgot about. So much fun for a rainy day!
- Cleaning out your closet. Let’s be honest, how many pieces do you really wear? And how many just hang in there waiting to see daylight once again?
- Play games. For the girls I would say The Sims, Rollercoaster tycoon, Zoo tycoon et cetera. For the guys I would suggest League of Legends/ World of Warcraft (or any other game like that), Diablo. Another option is to use the Wii (when available, I don’t own one for example) and play Wii Fit or Mario Kart or anything comparable like Supersmash.
- Dress up / make-up, just because you can! Try new looks and get new ideas.
- Coloring! I love coloring, I still can’t stay between the lines but at least my choice of harmonious colours is improved. There are lots of templates to download. Or just start with a blank piece of paper.
- DIY. There are a lot of DIY possible. You can paint with old nailpolish or make a custom ‘canvas’ with some wood, nails and thread. Or make your own cup with a white cup and a sharpie! Anything is possible, there are a lot of DIY’s out there.
- Read. Just read a book. Like we all used to before the age of technology. Take some tea and a book and just sit down and read. You even might put some background music on but nothing to distracting. Focus on the story and forget about time!
- Go outside! Go running, or just walking, cycling, anything. Especially when the sun is shining. Don’t stay inside doing nothing, get your ass out there! You’ll see, when you come back home you’ll be in a whole different mood.
- Get creative in the kitchen. Make a cake, or a smoothie. Try something new for dinner. Or just make an extensive lunch. Who doesn’t love good food?
- Call a friend, or family, or anyone. And go do something together. You can just sit and talk, or watch a movie, or play games together. For the girls: make it a girls-afternoon-out with tea and bisquits, use make-up on each other or do your hair together. So many possibilities!
- Make it a home-spa day! Treat yourself with a manicure, facial mask, scrub or time in the bathtub.
So, I hope that now after reading this list you have some new inspiration to do something when you are bored. The main idea is to shut down your laptop/ computer/ phone and go do something real. There is always enough to do!