Time for some new favourites. Last time I showed you my favourite cars, today I want to tell you about my favourite colours. I am very happy that we have the ability to see in colour and I could not imagine a world without colours. It would not be that important when we wouldn’t know better, but we do. Everyone has some favourite colours and today I want to show you mine.
- Purple. My top 1 colour is purple, especially with a hint of red like bordeaux (some call bordeaux red, but I think it is more purple). But I love all shades of purple, except for pastel but I hate pastel in general. Purple is associated with a lot but mainly with wealth and influence, like royalty and faith.
- Turquoise. A wonderful, brilliant colour. It has something magical in my eyes, it is not green, not blue, but still beautiful. I love it. Here you can read a bit about its meaning.
- Green. Especially dark green, it is calm and reminds me of forest. I like trees and green is the colour of nature. I can’t really explain what I like about (dark) green, but somehow it appeals to me. It is associated with nature, hope, youth but also with envy.
- Brown. A lot of people dislike brown, and I can understand it as a lot of unpleasant things are brown. But brown is warm, and mellow and a lot of good things (like nuts) are also brown. Brown is associated with decency and earth.
- Grey. I am not sure if grey is a colour or not. Normally I would not count it as a colour because in my opinion black and white are also no colours. But on the other hand, grey can have a lot of sub-colours. Grey can have a hint of blue, green, red, basically every colour. The colour grey is associated with boredom and conformity, secrecy and uncertainty.
- Hard Pink. I dislike pink, except for shades of pink which are really bright. Contrary to popular belief, pink is not one of the most liked colours. I like tones like magenta and fuchsia.
- Red. One of the most powerful colours, red. It is associated with blood, courage, passion, aggression and danger. A very versatile colour. I like especially cool-toned shades of red, but that is mainly because warm-toned red is orange, and I hate orange.
This were my 7 favourite colours, in order from most favourite to likeable. You might wonder why I did not write something about the colour blue. The fact is that I like blue, but I love turquoise and basically that is a shade of blue.
What is your favourite colour?